2 Normanby Square
Bundaberg Qld 4670
For over 50 years, Peirson Memorial Trust has provided support to children and young people who are at risk through its incorporated company Peirson Services. The Trust was established in 1947 when two sisters of the Peirson Family bequeathed their sugar cane farm to the Trustees of the Ann Street Presbyterian Church in Brisbane, for the purpose of caring for orphans.
Today, Peirson Services continues as a ministry arm of the Ann St Church, to serve young people at risk of entering or in the care of the Child Protection and or Youth Justice systems, as well as their families and carers. Peirson Services currently provides the following services in the Bundaberg Region:
- Counselling and Intervention Service to children and young people aged 5-18 years and to their families and carers who are referred by the Queensland Department of Communities, Child Safety Youth and Women; this work is underpinned by the Child Protection Act 1999.
- Access and Support Youth Services to young people aged 8 to 21 years who are at risk of disengaging from their school, work or family networks.
- Free youth intervention and counselling services, which includes: children’s group work, parenting workshops, solution-focused family therapy and outdoor therapeutic activities.
- Peirson Services currently hosts the Bundaberg Youth Justice T2S program at the Peirson Farm training facility.
- While some of these services are partially funded by the Queensland Government, the remainder is covered by the Peirson Memorial Trust from funds raised through the original Peirson Farm, which today is a modern agricultural business and training facility growing avocados and macadamias on the outskirts of Bundaberg.
We ARE AN INTEGRATED Youth and Family counselling SERVICE
Located centrally in Bundaberg in a historical high set Queenslander, surrounded by an acre of peaceful gardens.
We work with the entire family AND VALUE EVERY MEMBER
At Peirson Services, our aim is to ensure a safe environment where the sessions are client directed and outcome focused.
Peirson Services is committed to promoting the safety and wellbeing of our clients and their protection, as outlined in the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000 (Qld).Our Commitment
2 Normanby Square